Let’s face it: money matters! That’s why we’ve dedicated a section of our website to providing you, our members, with tools and strategies for financial success. Whether you are buying a home, balancing a checkbook, or growing your savings, Spectrum Credit Union (Spectrum) is here to help you through it all. Plus, check out our Top 10 Tips to Financial Freedom!
At Spectrum, our goal is to provide you great rates and personal service. We hope you find this information helpful in your money matters.
We put together educational presentations to help give you a better understanding of various financial situations. Spectrum offers presentations on many financial topics including first-time homebuying, investing and saving, debt management, and protecting your identity.
Onsite Presentations Available for Employee Networks and Groups
Is there a money matter you would like to learn more about? Contact us and we would be happy to provide an onsite presentation for your group. Please contact email@example.com to coordinate a “Lunch & Learn” with Spectrum.
Youth Financial Education
Teens! Learn how to set financial goals and create a budget to meet those goals. The BalanceTrack: Teens and Money
website will provide you practical financial tips like what to look for in a credit card and how to buy a vehicle. You can also download the Teens and Money podcast or listen online.
Top 10 Tips to Financial Freedom
- Spend less than you earn.
- Develop a savings plan and pay yourself first.
- Understand the power of compounding interest.
- Be mindful of the future.
- Save and invest regularly for the short and long term.
- Take measures to prevent identity theft and recognize fraud.
- Protect yourself against large losses.
- Follow prudent financial practices, such as paying bills on time.
- Build human capital – invest in education and earn more as you learn more.
- Learn where to turn for information, advice, and help.