Apply for membership today through our Online Membership Application.
Credit unions such as Spectrum Credit Union (Spectrum) are government-chartered to serve specific, restricted groups of people. This “field of membership” can be based on employment, location, or even membership in a non-profit association.
Spectrum's field of membership includes:*
- Non-manual employees of Bechtel Corporation, its wholly-owned subsidiaries, and affiliated companies;
- Employees of Charles Schwab & Co. Inc. who work in or are paid from San Francisco, CA;
- Family of Spectrum members – parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, spouse or domestic partner, siblings – even roommates or unrelated persons who live with you and share your household expenses;
- San Francisco persons who live, work, worship, or attend school in, or business and other legal entities that are located in the Russian Hill, Telegraph Hill, North Beach, Chinatown, Financial District, Western Addition, South of Market, Potrero Hill, The Panhandle, The Mission, Bernal Heights, Bayview, Hunters Point, Portola, or Visitacion Valley neighborhoods (call to confirm eligibility);
- Maryland persons who live, work, worship, or attend school in, or business and other legal entities that are located in Frederick County, Maryland, including Frederick, Thurmont, Woodsboro, Emmitsburg, and surrounding areas (call to confirm eligibility).
*If you do not fall within our regular field of membership, you can join one of our partner non-profit associations to become eligible for Spectrum membership.
To learn more, please stop by any Spectrum Branch or call us at 510-251-6000 or toll-free 800-782-8782.