2020 David P. Smay Scholarships
To apply, you must be:
- A Credit Union member with all accounts in good standing.
- A graduating high school senior, 19 years of age or younger.
- A thoughtful essay with a title (double-spaced, two pages maximum, eleven point font minimum) on the following topic: “If you could change just one thing in your world, what would it be?”
- Your transcript(s) reflecting all four years of high school, including any Honors or AP courses, as well as your cumulative, un-weighted GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- A list of your extracurricular and community activities and work history.
- Scholarship submissions must include a cover sheet with your name, Credit Union member number, home address, phone number, email address, name of the post-secondary school you plan to attend, and your college student ID number (if available).
- Submissions can be dropped off at any branch, mailed to Scholarships, P.O. Box 2069, Oakland, CA 94604-2069, or emailed to [email protected].
- Submissions will be graded on a point system.
- The submission deadline is Friday, May 1, 2020. Mailed submissions must be postmarked by May 1, 2020, and email submissions must be received by midnight on May 1, 2020. Winners are normally announced no later than May 31.
The Credit Union will award the David P. Smay Scholarships in the amount of $1,000 to each winning submission. If you have any questions, please give us a call at 510-251-6000 or 800-782-8782 or send an email to [email protected].