Page Banner image

Through arrangements with Bechtel Corporation, we can help you make a seamless transition from your home country to the U.S.

Foreign nationals working for Bechtel both inside and outside the U.S. can utilize a range of Spectrum Credit Union products and services. Additionally, many of our services are available without a Social Security number or ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number). 


As a foreign national working for Bechtel Corporation in the U.S., you are eligible for several exclusive financial services through Spectrum Credit Union — including select loans — all with or without a Social Security Number (SSN) or Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN).

ProductEligible without a Social Security NumberEligible with a Social Security Number 
Checking Account 
Savings Account 
Unsecured Line of Credit✓* 
Share-Secured Line of Credit 
Personal Loan
Mortgage Loan  


*Proof of employment required. Not all applicants will qualify. Programs, rates, terms, and conditions are subject to change without notice.


When you belong to Spectrum Credit Union, you’ll enjoy personalized service from people who know you and work hard for you. We’ll be your trusted, lifelong partner in achieving financial success. No matter where you are in life’s journey, we’ll be there for you.


Step 1

Submit your information via our online form.


Step 2

A member of the Expatriate Services team will reach out to you within 2 business days to finish your application. At this time you will be asked to provide proof of employment.



Step 3

Once your membership has been approved, you are free to use your Spectrum Credit Union account!


Need More Information?

For more information on Spectrum Credit Union and our Expatriate Services, please speak with your Assignee Counselor, visit your local Spectrum Credit Union branch or contact us at  800-782-8782 .

For mortgage inquiries, our Mortgage Loan Officers are here to help you every step of the way. Please call our Home Loan Help Desk at 888-750-4124. For those outside the U.S., call 510-251-6010. Don't want to call? Email us at [email protected].

Frequently Asked Questions


Q. Are we able to join the Credit Union if we are not on assignment in the United States?

A. Yes! You can open a membership with proof of employment from Bechtel. Proof of employment includes your Bechtel badge and your letter of introduction/assignment.

Q. Can my family benefit from the services of the Credit Union?

A. Yes! Your family can benefit from the services of the Credit Union as long as you are the primary on the account. Minors are not eligible to participate in the MySavings Youth Account as a Social Security Number or ITIN are required.

Q. Is Zelle® a service that the Credit Union provides?

A.Yes, but a Social Security Number is required in order to use the service.

Q. Am I able to access my accounts from abroad?

A.Yes! You can access your account from anywhere in the world via Digital Banking. We also provide wire transfer services, external account transfers, and debit cards to assist with accessing your funds.

For more general frequently asked questions, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions section. 


Ready to become a member? Let’s get started.

If you’re eligible for membership, we’re ready to hear from you. Not sure if you’re eligible? You can check if you qualify here.

Why join Spectrum Credit Union? Learn more.

From everyday finance to life’s big money moments, it’s better when you belong.