Do you ever wish you had a revolving credit you could access instantly when you need it? A personal line of credit may be right for you.
Instead of borrowing one lump sum as a loan, a personal line of credit lets you borrow what you need, when you need it, only paying interest on what you take out. With a maximum limit set at the outset, you can borrow up to that amount at varying times.
This is a great solution for those who want the peace of mind of an emergency fund without needing to borrow against their home or other assets.
Fixed rates starting as low as 8.10% APR1
A personal line of credit can help you:
- Access varying amount of funds for different purposes at different times
- Secure quick access to funds for a later time
- Flexibility to take out small sums periodically as opposed to one lump sum
- Interest accrues only on what is used
- Available credit limits between $500 and $25,0002
- Monthly payments based on the balance of your loan instead of the maximum limit
- No collateral requirement (property or other assets); eligibility based on creditworthiness3
How it works
Once approved, you can access your line of credit by writing a check or transferring funds from your line of credit to another account. There are three ways to transfer line of credit funds:
- Use Online Banking or Mobile Banking
- Stop by your local Spectrum Credit Union branch
- Give us a call at 800-782-8782 Monday through Friday, 5am to 9pm, and Saturday, 8am to 4pm Pacific Time. (For those outside the U.S., call 510-251-6000.)