If you’re eligible for membership, we’re ready to hear from you. Not sure if you’re eligible? You can check if you qualify here.
Here's what you'll need for each applicant to get started:
- Social Security number
- Government issued ID: driver's license, state ID, or passport with current address
- Current address
- Date of birth
- Employment information
- Information to fund account
- Proof of eligibility documents (optional)
Options for funding your account:
- ACH from another domestic financial institution (up to $550) – you will need the routing number and account number
- Transfer from an existing Spectrum Credit Union account – you will need the account number
- Mail a check payable to Spectrum Credit Union
Primary and joint memberships: Use the standard Membership Application to join as an individual member or as a joint member. Open your Primary Share Savings account, with the option to add other deposit accounts.
Minor memberships: Use the Minor Membership Application for accounts in which a minor will be the Primary Member and a legal guardian will be the Joint Owner. (In order to open a MySavings account for a minor, the minor needs to be the Primary Member.)
Uniform Transfers to Minors Act Account (UTMA): Please stop by a branch, or give us a call at 800-782-8782. For those outside the U.S., call 510-251-6000.
Apply for expatriate services
If you’re a foreign national working for Bechtel, inside or outside the U.S., you are able to utilize a range of Spectrum Credit Union financial services. Spectrum Credit Union can help you with auto and home insurance, wire transfers, establishing your banking needs in the U.S., and more.Expatriate Application