Thank you for your interest in joining Spectrum Credit Union!
As a credit union, Spectrum is a federally chartered not-for-profit financial institution that is owned by its members. Each member owns a Share in the Credit Union secured by an initial deposit of $25 ($50 for joint memberships).
Our federal charter (maintained under the name of our parent organization, Chevron Federal Credit Union) limits our Field of Membership to groups of people with common bonds, such as an employer, location, or non-profit association.
Spectrum's field of membership includes:*
- Non-manual employees of Bechtel Corporation, its wholly-owned subsidiaries, and affiliated companies
- Employees of Charles Schwab & Co. Inc. who work in or are paid from San Francisco, CA
- Family of Spectrum members – parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, spouse or domestic partner, siblings – even roommates or unrelated persons who live with you and share your household expenses
- U.S. members and employees of Safari Club International
- U.S. members and employees of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- San Francisco persons who live, work, worship, or attend school in, or business and other legal entities that are located in the Russian Hill, Telegraph Hill, North Beach, Chinatown, Financial District, Western Addition, South of Market, Potrero
Hill, The Panhandle, The Mission, Bernal Heights, Bayview, Hunters Point, Portola, or Visitacion Valley neighborhoods (call to confirm eligibility) - select "Underserved" as your eligibility in the online membership application
- Maryland persons who live, work, worship, or attend school in, or business and other legal entities that are located in Frederick County,
- Maryland, including Frederick, Thurmont, Woodsboro, Emmitsburg, and surrounding areas (call to confirm eligibility) - select "Underserved" as your eligibility in the online membership application
*If you do not fall within our regular field of membership, you can join one of our partner non-profit associations to become eligible for Spectrum membership.
To learn more, please stop by any Spectrum branch or call us at 510-251-6000 or 800-782-8782.
Apply for Membership Today!